CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 20, 2010

An Idaho Christmas

Last weekend Paul and I headed to Idaho to celebrate Christmas with my family. It was a snowy morning when we left and it took us an extra 45 minutes to get there, but it was worth it. We got there around 2:00 and then July, Cory, Cayman and Cooper got there shortly after. We spent the afternoon visiting, playing with the kids and singing a little Disney Karaoke. We decided to not draw names this year, but instead to choose a tag off the giving tree and buy a family in need presents. We all went to Wal-Mart where we spent an hour picking out things this family needed.....including a couple fun games as well. After we delivered the presents, we picked up pizza and went back to Dad's. We ate and then opened presents. Dad & Carma gave us the best present.......the 24 Days of Christmas. This is a book that has a Christmas story to read for every day in December leading up to Christmas. We all loved this book growing up and it was special for each of us to have one of our own now. I think Ryan's face says it all.




After presents, the boys went to play basketball and the rest of us watched Home Alone.
The next day we did a big breakfast. While everyone was getting ready, Cayman and I decided to make Cayman be Giant Girl (GG for short). She is giant!! :) Cayman also discovered my dad's Three Stooges ornaments and she took a picture with me and each of the different stooges. She is so funny. We ate a yummy breakfast of cinnamon french toast, bacon, sausage, blueberry muffins and scrambled eggs. Mmmmmmm. Have I mentioned how much I love my dad's cooking? Unfortunately, it was time to leave. Paul and I stopped by to see my Grandma Betty on our way home. I loved seeing my family! I wish we could get together more often. It's always fun and I am so thankful for them!




0 comments: