CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Annual Christmas Party





























Paul and I went to our Annual Christmas Party on Friday Night with Paul's friends from his old job. We are so lucky Paul was able to find such a great group of friends from when he worked at Spillman Technologies. We get together at least twice a year (summer and winter) and go to lunch frequently. Friday night we went to Carrie and Cornell's. They just built a new condo in Saratoga Springs and we all wanted to see it. We had a lot of preparing to do because this year they were doing an Ugly Sweater Contest. Since Paul and I didn't have sweater, we decided to make our own. I think they turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself. Check out that handy work.....it's exquisite! I won't explain Paul's sweater (it's slightly inappropriate), but it was a big hit at the party and he ended up winning! Then we exchanged white elephant gifts, where I got a Whoopie Cushion and Paul got a High School Musical pillow with Troy on it. Our friends, Lindsay and Shayne, brought their two little boys to the party and the last present was from us and ended up going to their 8 year old son. I was so nervous, because it was a notebook set (from Spillman, of course!) and I didn't think an 8 year old would want that, but he loved it! He loves to draw and it is a pretty cool drawing notebook. Dan got a huge 40 inch stocking complete with an Ovulation Kit and a wedding cake topper. Both things that he needed. :-) Lindsay got an enormous cucumber or zuccini, which somehow we ended up with at the end of the night! Carrie got a toothpaste holder and the big hit of the night was a set of wine glasses that were called The Shady Ladies, and they went to Cornell. Overall, the night was fun and I look forward to Christmas and seeing my family.

2 comments:

Jamie

I love it-the ugly sweaters and all! I'm quite impressed with your sweater..and you say you're not crafty!

Katie Russell

Ali, I love the sweaters!!! That totally cracks me up. You guys sound like you have some really fun friends. I am sad that we can't get together for breakfast on Saturday! I miss all of you guys!