CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Happy 30th Birthday Paul!


Paul's 30th birthday was on April 17. We both took the day off work to celebrate. He only wanted a few things for his birthday and one of them I didn't dare pick out. So I took him to Sam's Club so he could pick out his brand new printer. He was so excited and chose the HP Officejet Pro 8500. Not my idea of an exciting gift, but he seemed to love it.


The next day Paul's family came over for a Birthday Party Extravaganza Spectacular (or at least that's what he called it when he said the prayer over dinner). We ordered pizza, ate cake and opened presents. Every time you asked his niece, Charlotte, what kind of cake Paul was going to have, she would say, A Sailboat Cake. I didn't have much choice......I had to make a sailboat cake. I didn't think it turned out too bad, but you can be the judge.


Happy Birthday Paul!

3 comments:

Unknown

I had no idea you could make a cake like that! Impressive!

DaLynn

Awesome cake! i didn't know you married a younger man!! ;)

Jamie

Happy Birthday Paul! You know getting excited over a printer technically means that you are OLD! That prayer sounds just like something Jon would say. Don't they know prayers aren't a stand up comic routine? Excellent work on the cake Alli - one more talent to add to your ever growing list :)